May 24, 2021
With the lifting of the mask mandate in Massachusetts on 5/29/2021, our office will continue to require that all patients wear masks to their appointments regardless of their vaccination status. Our COVID-19 protocols listed below will remain unchanged.
Phiyen Le, O.D.
May 1, 2020
I wanted to update you on my plans to reopen the office on Monday, May 18th. In order to promote a safe environment for our patients and staff, we have implemented some guidelines below. If you have an appointment that was booked further out and would now like to move it up, please let me know via email.
1. We are prioritizing first appointments of the day for elderly or high risk patients. Please arrive to your appointment with a mask as we can not see you if you are not wearing one. If you are a new patient, or if your insurance or address has changed, please make all efforts to provide this information over the phone before you arrive. Annmarie will always call to confirm and obtain your information beforehand.
2. Unless absolutely necessary, we ask that you arrive to your appointment alone. Exceptions of course are given to caregivers or guardians of minors. The less people in the office at one time, the better we can allow for social distancing.
3. All patients will have their temperatures checked with a non-contact forehead thermometer upon checking in.
4. There will be hand sanitizer at several areas in the waiting room. Please feel free to use them as needed, and especially before and after trying on frames. We ask that you place all frames that you have touched in a bin designated for trialed frames so that they can be sanitized before we return them to the shelves.
5. Please always call or email first to set up a time to pick up contacts and glasses. Exams and appointments will be limited per day at least for the time being to avoid overcrowding in the office.
6. You must be able to answer no to all of these questions in order to have an appointment:
Do you have any of the following symptoms? Fever, Sore Throat, Cough, Shortness of Breath?
Have you recently lost your sense of smell or taste?
Do you have any GI symptoms? Diarrhea? Nausea?
Even if you don’t currently have any of the above symptoms, have you experienced any of these symptoms in the last 14 days?
Have you been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
The safety and well-being of my patients and staff are of my utmost concern during these unprecedented times. If you feel that there are additional measures that should be taken, I am open to all recommendations so that we can maintain a safe environment for everyone!
Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Phiyen H. Le, O.D.